Wednesday, 24 June 2015

Outed....

I am at a company function last night, and take a break from the kahuna table to grab a cigarette outside.  Cute young(ish) guy bounces up and starts to chat.  I'm a senior guy at work, so it isn't unusual to have ambitious young people try to engage with me, so all is fine.  He's giving me a lot of 'something', but I know it would be waaaay out of line for him to hit on me, so I'm not sure what's going on.  Then he smiles, and asks if I still lie in the same place, and it dawns on me.

The Civil Servant has entered the private sector, and is now deputy to one of my reports. 

Shitfuckdamn...

3 comments:

  1. It always takes me a bit to realize who a guy is out of context (i.e. in regular clothes out and about socializing). Then I realize who it is and then I start to blush. Ha! Usually guys are pretty good about keeping their distance though. Just that knowing smile and nod...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's him gossiping with 'like-minded' employees that bothers me....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe a private chat is in order.
    BlkJack

    ReplyDelete