Sunday, 10 August 2014

Impossible glamour...

I mentioned in a recent post I had decamped to southern Turkey.  Whilst there my wife and I paid a call on a friend who runs a small boutique hotel, of the kind that attracts people who are either so rich you've never heard of them, or so famous they know they won't be bothered.

So, I'm standing at the bar with him, when he looks over my shoulder and his eyebrows go up.  "Darling" he cries, "Welcome back!  I want you to meet Weston and his wife, old friends from X".

At this point Kate Moss shakes my hand and says "Hello old friends from X".  As my jaw picks up, she turns and calls out "Naomi - we're over here".  And Naomi Campbell walks over.

For those who care, Kate is taller than you would think, and has more wrinkles, but a pretty damn cool vibe going on.  Naomi is quite simply a goddess.  Tall, flawless and wrinkle free.  She looks down her nose at us, glances at Kate (who nods), and says to me "we're on so-and-so's boat for drinks shortly, you might as well come along".

So we shortly find ourselves on the 200+ foot yacht of some billionaire, where, incredibly, we knew other people.  Much laughter and champagne ensued, and we were returned to shore some hours later, sans our old and new friends.  To quote Edina Monsoon, Naomi is "difficult", but Kate Moss (and her hubby), were really very genuine and friendly.  However I doubt she will remember me if we meet again though.

For once, no sex in my tale (but plenty of eye candy - those Russian boys...), but no one else to tell, so I am writing it down here.  My friend was very clear they came to his place for privacy and freedom, so we were forbidden to discuss anything that might identify our location.  Oh well....

5 comments:

  1. Mm... russian boys...
    Hm... Never really cared much for champagne. Of course, there's a difference between a cheap bottle of Korbel and a heftier Dom Perignon or Cristal but meh. I mean, this is coming from a guy that likes his Coke flat though. I'd rather go for a hearty Cab.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get what you mean, but champagne is a novelty for us so we drink it when we can!

      As to russian boys - those holding the trays were delicious, and no doubt their looks and physique played a part in their hiring. Those drinking what the trays held were more likely to be pudgy, snarly and thuggish. Not so good.

      Delete
  2. I'm an even bigger starfucker than bottom-fucker, so I really liked this post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haahaha - thanks! For what it's worth, the 'welcome back' was in response to their collective return from that 40th birthday party in Ibiza. I had in fact seen KM at the hotel the prior week. She was with a famous actors ex-wife. They ordered "watermelon juice - no ice, no sugar", as immediately did the 6 people either side of them! I nearly choked on my Coke laughing.

      Delete
    2. Ha! I actually had watermelon juice myself when my partner and I went to Montauk last weekend. Kate Moss and I are practically twins!

      Delete